You’ve probably seen his hugely popular TEDx talk from September 2009 on How Great Leaders Inspire Action. The short answer to the title of his talk is–it starts with Why?
Now checkout Sinek’s recent 52 minute interview with Jonathan Fields of The Good Life Project where he discusses a variety of topics that are relevant to all business people and professional speakers. It’s a bit long but contains some real gems. Here are a few topics he addresses:
- How to be a great speaker.
- What is the role of leadership.
- What are key attributes of the best companies.
- How to get your team to rally around its leaders.
He also tells a heart-tugging story about his trip to Afghanistan near the end of the video that is a must watch. Get ready to take notes and enjoy.
The role of leadership is to make sure the employees feel so safe that they’re willing to sacrifice anything for their colleagues and even for the company knowing full well that their leaders care about them desperately.
By that standard, how are you measuring up?
Latest posts by Steve Sanduski, CFP® (see all)
- Schwab Top Advisor Panel: What Decades of Experience Can Tell Us About Thriving in the Future - November 27, 2017
- Would You Want “10 of That Type of Person on Staff?” - July 26, 2017
- How to use “systems thinking” to become an elite advisor - January 23, 2017