JASON LAHITA SHARES HIS BEST STRATEGIES, TIPS AND TOOLS on how to use public relations to enhance credibility and grow your business. Plus, he adds some bonus thoughts on how to use PR to leverage your referral marketing and social media activities.
Download Track 1: Gain Credibility and Grow Your Business Through PR (Click here).
Download Track 2: Important Lessons From Jason’s Entrepreneurial Journey (Click here).
- Co-founder of FiComm Partners, one of the financial industry’s leading PR firms.
- Started his career in the US Navy where he served on the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower aircraft carrier.
- One of the first employees of United Capital.
- Former head of the Los Angeles office of an international PR firm.
- On a personal note, married, two children, NYU and UC-Irvine grad, living the LA lifestyle.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.” Mark Twain.
Best Business Decision
Starting his own business and bringing on his business partner, Megan Carpenter.
Overcome his hesitation and start his business sooner and second, be more honest with himself about the capabilities he could offer when he first launched FiComm Partners.
Quick PR Advice
- Start by dipping your toe in the water and see if PR is for you.
- PR makes sense when you have scale in your business, when you have resources available, when you have time to think about your message, and when you are ready to focus on growth.
- PR is a three-legged stool. It includes pre-game, in the game, and post game. Optimize each phase with your PR pro.
- PR for advisors includes local, national and trade PR. Jason has some insightful comments on why national and trade PR may be even more important than local PR.
- Biggest mistake advisors make is doing PR just for the sake of getting in the media. “PR without a plan is a waste of money.”
- Part of your PR homework is to identify how you and your firm are currently perceived and how you want to be perceived a year from now. PR can help shape your perception to where you want it to be.
- Twitter — Get on it and start following journalists and industry leaders to get a sense for what is newsworthy and how you can fit into the conversation.
- Follow @jalhita_ficomm, @megan_ficomm and @stevesanduski on Twitter.
- Contact Jason at [email protected]
What happens Between Now and Success…is Action, so turn you knowing into doing and get results.
Latest posts by Steve Sanduski, CFP® (see all)
- Schwab Top Advisor Panel: What Decades of Experience Can Tell Us About Thriving in the Future - November 27, 2017
- Would You Want “10 of That Type of Person on Staff?” - July 26, 2017
- How to use “systems thinking” to become an elite advisor - January 23, 2017