JOHN MICHEL, CEO OF CIRCLEBLACK, SHARES HIS BEST STRATEGIES, TIPS, AND TOOLS on how to think about and incorporate innovation into your business. The world is moving rapidly and those who understand how to harness technology and use it to improve their operations and their client experience will reap tremendous rewards.
To listen to all the Belay Advisor interviews in your car, on your phone, or at the gym, go to the App Store or Google Play Store and download the SoundCloud App. Search for Belay Advisor and subscribe to it. It’s super easy and pretty soon you’ll be ditching radio and just listening to Podcasts!
- Graduate of the United States Military Academy at Westpoint.
- 13-year career at Merrill Lynch.
- Leader of Bullrun Financial Inc.
- Handpicked by Bloomberg to run its consumer wealth effort and build BloombergBlack.
- CEO of CircleBlack.
- Innovation is about finding a problem, the pain point, then finding a non-obvious solution to solving it.
- Clients are looking for a user-friendly mobile experience that enables them to quickly check in on the health of their finances–even while they’re standing in line at Starbucks.
- Clients and advisors both love account aggregation. However, clients don’t necessarily want to share all their financial information via aggregation and John discusses how CircleBlack has created an innovative way to solve this problem.
- Take information, attach meaning to it, personalize it for your clients, and then deliver that outside of traditional face-to-face meetings, there’s great value in that.
- Clients say, “In between meetings, I don’t hear from my advisor enough about things I feel I am paying him to do.”
- One simple thing you can do to be more innovative–study innovative leaders in other industries and find ways to apply their strategies to your business. John shares two more in the podcast.
- Read Zero to One by Peter Thiel.
- Take a look at John’s new company, CircleBlack.
- Contact John Michel
What happens Between Now and Success…is Action, so turn you knowing into doing and get results.
Latest posts by Steve Sanduski, CFP® (see all)
- How to use “systems thinking” to become an elite advisor - January 23, 2017
- 15 non-obvious trends that will give you an unfair advantage - January 13, 2017
- My 3 words for 2017 - January 1, 2017