Welcome to 2016! This is the perfect time to look back on the past year and forward to the New Year.
In today’s show, I cover three topics related to looking back and forward.
- Three key questions to ask yourself as you reflect on 2015. Yes, it’s important to look back so you can use the year’s experience to propel you in the New Year.
- Use the year ahead to “risk walking new ground.”
- Three important steps to take that will make 2016 your best year yet.
I end the show with a quote from a daily email I receive called “Our Daily Bread.”
Listen to the Podcast
Friday Podcast Highlights
1. Steve Lockshin recently shared with me the idea of creating a “failure budget.” Here’s an earlier podcast I recorded with Steve where he discusses some of his other ideas that helped him be named the #1 independent financial advisor in the United States by Barron’s Magazine.
2. I love the idea of “risk walking new ground.” Learn more about it from the book, Repacking Your Bags by Richard Leider and David Shapiro. And while you’re at it, revisit the podcast I did with author, speaker, and retirement expert Mitch Anthony on helping clients retire well and live a meaningful life, read his book, The New Retirementality, and listen to the podcast I did on Retirement Coaching.
3. Complete the Annual Business Plan template I discussed in recent episodes. Click here to download the template.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Get “On Belay” and Receive My Business Growth Guide
Latest posts by Steve Sanduski, CFP® (see all)
- Would You Want “10 of That Type of Person on Staff?” - July 26, 2017
- How to use “systems thinking” to become an elite advisor - January 23, 2017
- 15 non-obvious trends that will give you an unfair advantage - January 13, 2017